Blue Andalusian thread!

Pics
Pretty, I need to get an updated picture of my Blue Andalusian Pullet, Coral on here!
smile.png

I can't believe the wattles on the females!

This is one that I sold:

chickens4sale004.jpg

The Blue Andalusian I kept is so smart and loves attention. When I sit down, she comes over waiting for me to pick her up and will stay on my lap till I put her down. I didn't realize they were so friendly - I expected them to be more like leghorns in temperament.

Quote:
I got some Andalusians from Meyer. They came as part of a pullet assortment. The cockeral was true-blue. However, the pullets were black & splash. I did not keep the roo for long - too aggressive for my small set-up. I still have the hens. They are the smartest, most interactive birds I have ever had. One of them is the grand matriarch of the flock. We always let our mamas brood in a caged off room in the coop. They stay in there with their babies until the chicks are 5 weeks old. The matriarch's name is Frank. I know that it is time to integrate the babies into the flock when Frank starts hanging out next to the brooder area. I open the door & she goes inside. Even though the door is open, none of the 20+ other hens enter. Frank visits with the babies & the mama for an hour or so. Then they all go out together. It is so amazingly sweet.

Anyone out there looking to rehome a Blue Andalusian roo or willing to sell some eggs? I have a friend who just lost hers, so I said I would ask around to see if I could find her a new one.

Back
Top Bottom