BLUE AUSTRALORPS, HOW IS IT DONE?

howdy Hupp, welcome to the forum.

if you succeed I want one!
clap.gif

I don't think it would be that difficult. There are always extra Blue Orp roos floating around. Grab one up and match him to a bunch of black aussies and go from there. It should come together rather easily. Australorps are not that far (genetically) from a standard orpington.

Jody

I don't think it would be that difficult. There are always extra Blue Orp roos floating around. Grab one up and match him to a bunch of black aussies and go from there. It should come together rather easily. Australorps are not that far (genetically) from a standard orpington.

I agree completely. It should be fairly simple.​

Quote:
I second that motion and I am certain that is what the Aussies did back in those days! Go for it! I would not mind having some Blue Australorps for egg layings

I basically second what every one else has said. Get a blue or splash orp rooster and order some australorp pullets from a hatchery and cross them. Simply keep the blue roosters and cross them to australorp hens and keep the blue females and cross them back to a black australorp rooster. This project could only take a couple years if done right.

im sure we are related, all my dads family come from ohio, marietta, mansfield, lexington,perrysville, elba. we have quite the history. look up the duck creek story in hupp history. thats my direct ancestors there.
nice to meet you cuz!
what breeds of chickens you raise?
i am the greelee county 4-H poultry project leader in duncan arizona.
i used to raise all types of poultry, but im down to just standard australorps now.

I think the question here..un asked...is....where did the blue rooster we speak of...come from? What DNA was crossed to get him?

Over the years I have read conflicting info.

Back
Top Bottom