Blue barred Cochin for buff barred project

WildflowerIndependence

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2018
Utah
I bought some barred bantam cochins, and one of them appears to be blue. Instead of being black like the others, the striping is a medium-light gray color. I was planning on using one of my barred roosters to start a buff barred project… And I think the blue barred one is going to be the nicest of my cockerels. What would happen if I used a blue barred rooster over my buff hens?

What would happen if I used a blue barred rooster over my buff hens?

All of the chickes will be Black/Blue Barred, 50% of them will be blue and 50% black, When they grow both the males and females will have alot of golden/gold feathers on their body, that is due to the powerful nature of the columbian restrictors in the Buff hens

This is what my Dominique/Buff Orp hens look like. I don't think you will end up with the lemon cuckoo effect you are hoping for.
riding mama.jpg

All of the chickes will be Black/Blue Barred, 50% of them will be blue and 50% black, When they grow both the males and females will have alot of golden/gold feathers on their body, that is due to the powerful nature of the columbian restrictors in the Buff hens

Thanks for the info! Interesting how it works out.

Back
Top Bottom