Blue/barred rock roo

Quote:
DONE!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Yikes! I'm supposed to wait until March? Oops I guess I didn't get the memo.....I started my 2nd bator up yesterday!!

It stinks but the only place I have for a brooder is on the screened porch. Last year we got a late freeze and I nearly lost some chicks. It got so cold even 2 heat lamps couldn't keep them warm. This year I'm being good and waiting until it is *for sure* warm enough. No more scares, especially not with THESE eggs!

big_smile.png

That is one of the most handsome roos I have ever seen! Do you have more pics? (Please, allow me to drool all over my keyboard some more...
droolin.gif
He is so cool!!)

BluRoo sent me some more pics last night, Im sure she wont mind me sharing. You'll have to ask her about eggs, I dont think he's been with any rock girls yet.

354235781.jpg

Quote:
He looks similar to Pumpkinpup's photo, but he's a little younger. I was second guessing that he was male because he stayed pretty much blue until into the 6 - 8 week age range. The barring is now showing in some of his feathers.
love.gif
wee.gif
All of those chicks are so sweet. I also have two blue females and three black females to utilize in making more of the blue barred rocks.
big_smile.png
jumpy.gif

I'm dying here... Halo so? You got eggs yet, hmm??? Do ya, cuz well all them blue birds are something and I have this weird temptation to do a blue partridge....

Gosh what a FUN yard I'd have to look on then.

Back
Top Bottom