Blue/Barred Rocks from Halo 10 hatched updated on pg 2 Pic heavy!

grundail01

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2009
Sacramento Area, Ca
Well i got woke up around 1am this morning to alot of cheeping!!! These are blue/barred rocks from Halo and i have 3 hatched and another 5 pips so far. I was worried for a few minutes when i noticed that the first to zip out of the egg started at the wrong end! lol they just kicked the rest of the egg off of them... I'm betting a rooster!lol
Picture059.jpg

Here are all 3 that are out so far, the second 2 have some silver and yellow on their wings and chest... can't wait till they finish and i can get some better pictures!
Picture060.jpg

Edited for spelling

Last edited:
When you put them in the egg carton to pip out, they are able to get out and move around freely without opening the bator? Why do you put the green shelf liner on the bottom? Is it to make it easier for cleanup or for the chicks to move around?

I just bought the exact themometer for my bator the other day - it was all I could find that would display temp and humidity.

Beautiful chicks too
wink.png

I use the shelf liner to make clean up a lot easier and i feel it is easier on the lil chicks feet. This is my first time using an egg carton to hatch, I have seen several others hatch this way so i thought I'd give it a try. The chicks have no problem getting out or walking all over the carton or other eggs.

Quote:
i have the same temp/hydrometer. does it do well? i couldnt get my humidity up until i stuck a huge water pan there. now its in the high 70's.... still trying to get to the 80's for my ducks. what incubator is that?

I have the exact same hygrometer/thermometer! I find that mine reads low, so I adjust for that. Cant wait to see the babies all fluffed out, and see how the rest do.

I built the incubator using Miss Prissy's design/plans. I had a wafer thermostat instead of using the water heater thermostat like she did, it works great and i just use my LG with turner for the first 18 days and then move them to the hatcher after that.

Back
Top Bottom