Blue Breasted brown leghorn

NagemTX

Dragon Chicken
Apr 14, 2022
Angleton TX
My Coop
My Coop
Has anyone seen blue breasted brown leghorns? There was a bin at our Tractor Supply store that had a lable for them. Should have taken a pick of the label. I know TS gets its chicks from Hoovers I think but Hoovers doesn't have this in its catalog that I could find.

Has anyone seen blue breasted brown leghorns? There was a bin at our Tractor Supply store that had a lable for them. Should have taken a pick of the label. I know TS gets its chicks from Hoovers I think but Hoovers doesn't have this in its catalog that I could find.
I got mystery chicks from a TSC bin that were mislabeled and thrown in with the bantam straight run bin. I'm trying to identify them and they dont match with most guesses of sapphire gem since they have white earlobes, the roo isnt barred, and the ladies are giving me white eggs instead of brown. Someone said they look like blue breasted brown leghorns.

Attachments

• IMG_20220821_015903_684.jpg
    IMG_20220821_015903_684.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 346
I just posted a couple nights ago, asking if anybody knew what my pullets are, and @The Moonshiner said they’re blue breasted brown leghorns from Privett Hatchery—a variety they’ve only recently started offering. There aren’t any pictures on their site, though they are offered for sale. I bought my chicks at TSC, labeled “Blue Leghorns”, but they look different, which is why I asked on here if anybody knew what they actually are. I’ll include some pictures of mine. I think they’re pretty, though they have the same temperament of other leghorns I’ve had—flighty and basically anti-human interaction, which isn’t my favorite. On the other hand, a couple have already started laying at four months, so they do have some leghorn-typical benefits, too.
BFC04DB6-8EE8-4254-8B7C-64244613F1EF.jpeg
17FF2D1F-4D70-42F2-97F4-D8F2F672612F.jpeg
4652CB6C-E85C-44C9-97D7-1F11F3B95C4E.jpeg

They look just like my girls! Beautiful! Mine are flighty too and also from TSC.
I just posted a couple nights ago, asking if anybody knew what my pullets are, and @The Moonshiner said they’re blue breasted brown leghorns from Privett Hatchery—a variety they’ve only recently started offering. There aren’t any pictures on their site, though they are offered for sale. I bought my chicks at TSC, labeled “Blue Leghorns”, but they look different, which is why I asked on here if anybody knew what they actually are. I’ll include some pictures of mine. I think they’re pretty, though they have the same temperament of other leghorns I’ve had—flighty and basically anti-human interaction, which isn’t my favorite. On the other hand, a couple have already started laying at four months, so they do have some leghorn-typical benefits, too.View attachment 3235827View attachment 3235828View attachment 3235831

A Privett Hatchery exclusive, the Blue-Breasted Brown Leghorn is a mix of our Blue and Brown leghorn chicks. The females will be mostly blue, with a red tinge in their breast and neck feathers, while the males are a gorgeous red-brown through the shoulders with a blue breast.
https://www.privetthatchery.com/product/1187/product-description

Back
Top Bottom