Blue Bunny is using Truvia now.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TammyTX, Jun 20, 2009.

1. TammyTX

TammyTX Crowing

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    I just had a Blue Bunny Secret Freedom Fudge Lites and they are sweetened with Truvia now.

I wonder if we are going to be seeing the Truvia logo instead of the Splenda logo on more foods.

2. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Was it good?

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    What is Truvia?

4. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Quote:It is the trademark name for the sweetener made from the Stevia plant.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  5. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Songster

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I have several stevia plants growing in my garden and one on my kitchen counter. I pick a few mint leaves, steep them, then add a few stevia leaves. Yummyyyyyyyyyy

Laurie

6. clickie

clickie Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Ocean State
    I have never had it but is Stevia safe. I know its a plant but with splenda I read that it was bad. I'm not really sure I just stick with real sugar lol. Hmmm now I want icecream! lol

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Good to know! I love Blue Bunny products because they don't use aspartame and stevia is even better than Splenda.

8. TammyTX

TammyTX Crowing

Feb 16, 2009
    Texas
    Oops..sorry I was on the phone with my Dad.

YES it was yummy! I have had the bars sweetened with Splenda many times and I couldn't tell a difference.

ETA: If you've never had Blue Bunny's "Bunny Tracks" ice cream well you're missing out! They have it in sugar free too.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  9. rhondapiper

rhondapiper Songster

I sure hope so! Splenda makes me really sick, bloated and nauseous and miserable, but I don't have any problems with Truvia. When a lot of companies started using Splenda, I had to stop eating many of my favorite things. If they switch to Truvia I can have diet Arizona iced teas and other things again!

10. clickie

clickie Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Ocean State
    O thats good to know lol. I hate how so many products have aspartame in them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: