Blue coat on chick

sunflowerparrot

Songster
7 Years
Jun 1, 2012
Winfield, KS
I had a chick get hurt by my dog (nothing too serious - but numerous feathers ripped out from back.) Anyways- I put Blue Coat on and my rooster hates this chick now - chases her, pecks her - the little chick (approximately 9 weeks old) can't even be outside with the flock because the rooster runs her off. I always find her hidden under a tree branch or building. The flock is nice to her and doesn't bother her - it is just the rooster. I'm having to bring the chick in to sleep at night so she doesn't get killed in the coop. I'm having to take her out into the field alone and stay with her for 30 mins at a time so she can free range and get outside.

Suggestions?

Thank you- she wanted to go into the coop last night to roost. I walked with her and followed her. The rooster was already up on his roost on one end -she went up to the roost on the other end. I watched for about 15 minutes with no problems. I did let her stay in the coop over night knowing chickens sleep during the night. I plan on getting her out of the coop before it becomes dawn and bring her in while I do my running to town. I will bring a friend for her :) Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom