Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Hi MedSchlFarmers, I posted this in response to your posting on the General Marans thread. I have a French Blue Copper Marans rooster and French Blue Copper Marans hens. The pullets got lighter as they got older. I have included some photos for you to compare color. I've taken many photos of my chickens and I find these photos accurately reflect the coloring of their feathers. Hope they help.

Hi MedSchlFarmers, I posted this in response to your posting on the General Marans thread. I have a French Blue Copper Marans rooster and French Blue Copper Marans hens. The pullets got lighter as they got older. I have included some photos for you to compare color. I've taken many photos of my chickens and I find these photos accurately reflect the coloring of their feathers. Hope they help.

They are beautiful. Mine is darker than these two at this point. How exciting that she will lighten up as time goes on. What is the difference between French Blue Copper Marans and Blue Copper Marans?

Hi farmgirl78.
your splash copper rooster is pretty .
here the good about him;
good type
nice head
good comb
pretty eyes
good neck not too long solid and carved at the top very nice
feathered shank
strait leg no deformity good colour too.
correct chest need more width
nice flat and long back well tilted .
solid short tail at the right angle

what bad about him
wings held loose
wattles to big
need more mass ( depend how old is he )

Good rooster I ll breed from him especially over a lighter colored splash hens.

chooks man

Hi teal29080.
your chick is Dark brown eb.
marans chooks don t carry the eb gene so the stock was mixed up in the past ( 1 out of 10). ATAVISTIC RETURN of the recessive gene .So both mam and dad carry the gene maybe 1just one hen.

the rooster did not jump the fence this breeding season because the eb ( dark brown rooster or hen ) is recessive to the ER .that mean the chicks will hatch normal black penguin type.this is old story is showing now.

post better photos of him and his brothers /sisters .So we can see if they are marans?

chooks man

Last edited:
Hello ,I have a question .can a splash marans carry the copper gene ,an example breed a splash marans rooster to a black favaucana hen ,can blue coppers be their result ?
Any comment is welcomed :)

Back
Top Bottom