Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Pics
I purchased some blue black splash eggs. After hatching hawk got a few, and then I ended up with two mean splash roo's. I couldn't trust him with any hens. So I'll have to start over.
pineneedlefarms
I think you and I are both in California? I have two 8 week old blue copper roos that need a new home. I would love to find a good home, they are very friendly and easy to handle (have had others that were not). I'll try to get a pic in here later today. Please pm me if you are interested.

Last edited:
I've wanted a blue copper maran for awhile, and could never find chicks so decided to try to incubate.
I got a basic incubator for like $50 from TSC.
We bought 4 blue copper maran mail order eggs, and only one hatched, but it's a cutie!

Sol2go, thanks for the offer, I would like to see some pics. where are you located, I'm in the Sonora (northern cal) area.
Hi pineneedlefarms, Sonora is such a pretty area. I used to live over the pass on the other side of the Sierras.
Now...I'm in Southern California...here's my photos. These guys are always on the move, sorry for blurry shots.

Options include meeting somewhere "convenient", or I can direct you to the breeder outside of Stockton...pm me if you want to discuss.

is this a blue copper maran and if so i hatched this chick from some eggs i got from a guy that only raises white marans, black copper marans, and birchen marans, so if this is a blue copper then how do you get them is it a mix and if so how do you breed for it, i have some white marans and some black coppers and i was thinking about a new project, and she is only about 3 mths old if this helps, thanx all help is appreciated

is this a blue copper maran and if so i hatched this chick from some eggs i got from a guy that only raises white marans, black copper marans, and birchen marans, so if this is a blue copper then how do you get them is it a mix and if so how do you breed for it, i have some white marans and some black coppers and i was thinking about a new project, and she is only about 3 mths old if this helps, thanx all help is appreciated
This is not a marans. Maybe and olive egger or some other cross. She has the wrong comb to be a marans. She is blue though.

Last edited:
This is not a marans. Maybe and olive egger or some other cross. She has the wrong comb to be a marans.

She is blue though.
its hard to see in the pic but she does have a single comb, but its still real small because she is so young but she hatched out of the really dark eggs that came with my black copper marans eggs and white marans eggs so she must be part maran so something may have jumped the fence if you know what i mean lol

Hello, how do you breed the Marans for more foot feathering? Mine have some but nearly as what Iv'e seen in some of these photo's, Thanks for any info!!!

The Marans egg in the carton, is what my BCM's laying, my blues not quite as dark, almost but not quite
idunno.gif
why

Back
Top Bottom