Blue Copper and Splash Copper Marans Discussion

Pics
Definitly not a wyandotte. Although wyandottes can have a small single comb on rare occasions. I would say this is a blue copper maran.

Question from a newbie. I have a couple of young Marans pullets I hatched from DMRippy's eggs. I found a little Pee Wee egg in the run today. It is darker than any eggs I have been getting from my BA's & BE's but not as dark as the Marans eggs I hatched.

Could this be an egg from one of my Marans pullets?

How old are they when they normally start laying?

Dan

Question from a newbie. I have a couple of young Marans pullets I hatched from DMRippy's eggs. I found a little Pee Wee egg in the run today. It is darker than any eggs I have been getting from my BA's & BE's but not as dark as the Marans eggs I hatched.

Could this be an egg from one of my Marans pullets?

How old are they when they normally start laying?

Dan

when did you hatch them? I have some I thought were too young to start laying too. mine start between 5-6 months on average.

when did you hatch them? I have some I thought were too young to start laying too. mine start between 5-6 months on average.

I hatched 2 sets of eggs from you. The oldest pullets will be 21 weeks old this coming Saturday. Does the color usually start out lighter with their first egg?

Dan

I hatched 2 sets of eggs from you. The oldest pullets will be 21 weeks old this coming Saturday. Does the color usually start out lighter with their first egg?

Dan

well keep in mind egg color can vary from bird to bird.....mine tend to lay the darkest eggs at first. I can't think of any that got darker. they are still really young though. do you have anything else that could be laying?

well keep in mind egg color can vary from bird to bird.....mine tend to lay the darkest eggs at first. I can't think of any that got darker. they are still really young though. do you have anything else that could be laying?

Yes, I have BA's & BE's laying but it the darkest egg I have seen from them but the Marans could be a few weeks away yet.

Dan

Yes, I have BA's & BE's laying but it the darkest egg I have seen from them but the Marans could be a few weeks away yet.

Dan

I have a few breeds that lay darker brown eggs than you would expect. AND some Marans that lay logger than you would hope.....but those are projects.

Hello I have an 18 week old marans hen and she seems to be acting weird. She has always been a loner and stays away from the others. Lately she has been getting worse. It seems like she can't support herself anymore. She is very wobbly. Is she sick? Or could it be a birth defect?

Back
Top Bottom