Blue copper maran sexing

@LaFleche So is there reason to believe that any of the three are cockerels? I'm still leaning toward cockerel for the black one, but your BCM cockerel looked very red compared to these chickens. Where are yours from? These marans came from Rural King via hoovers. got them out of an "assorted marans" bin.

@LaFleche So is there reason to believe that any of the three are cockerels? I'm still leaning toward cockerel for the black one, but your BCM cockerel looked very red compared to these chickens. Where are yours from? These marans came from Rural King via hoovers. got them out of an "assorted marans" bin.
I live in Germany and had mine imported as eggs directly from a French breeder friend.

Just wait a few more weeks and you will see the male specific feathers coming in.

I live in Germany and had mine imported as eggs directly from a French breeder friend.

Just wait a few more weeks and you will see the male specific feathers coming in.
Oh wow ! And yes I wouldn’t mind doing that but I’m taking several to my mom next week . She’s going to be mad if I bring her a bunch of Roos 😳

I'm pretty sure the point was to produce sex linked dark egg layers. Pretty sure the dumb name is just because "midnight majesty" sounds cooler than "black sexlink dark egger"
Midnight Majesty is the name of a Crayola crayon... I've nicknamed one of my hens (Midnight) that after the crayon name. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom