Blue copper maran sexing

What are the chicks doing ? Jumping into other chicks boxes ?
I've wondered this. Also, eggs accidentally getting mixed up. A few years back I got a Buff Brahma from a Hatchery that supposedly wasn't selling any. Apparently, what I got was supposed to be a part of their breeding flock. The bird was beautiful, though a few years later when they started selling the breed, I discovered she would have added a lot to the breeding pen.

I've wondered this. Also, eggs accidentally getting mixed up. A few years back I got a Buff Brahma from a Hatchery that supposedly wasn't selling any. Apparently, what I got was supposed to be a part of their breeding flock. The bird was beautiful, though a few years later when they started selling the breed, I discovered she would have added a lot to the breeding pen.
Oh wow !!

I’d say the two in the pic may be female. That second one is iffy on the comb. But, I’ve raised BCM (straight run) once and the males were really obvious by now. Occasionally, a male takes a bit longer, so that second one could be male as there is more comb development, but lacks color.

I’d say the two in the pic may be female. That second one is iffy on the comb. But, I’ve raised BCM (straight run) once and the males were really obvious by now. Occasionally, a male takes a bit longer, so that second one could be male as there is more comb development, but lacks color.
Okay noted. I’ll keep an eye on it and tell my mom to as well . I’m also going to add some pictures of my Wyandotte pullets soon to see what yall say . Here’s a picture of just one’s face . I’ll get better pics later or tomorrow . I’m unsure of how sexing these guys usually goes

Attachments

• IMG_6959.jpeg
    IMG_6959.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 5
You'll never know about all the accidental hatchery mix ups happening until your read some interesting threads here on BYC 😁
Exactly, which i why i am going to be very picky if i go through a hatchery. And i will no longer be buying from our local feed store even though they have Salmon Faverolles this year

@TaylorGlade for instance got sent a terrible mix up.

Hatchery employees seem overwhelmed at times.
Oh wow! Yes! I got 9 roos and one Pullet. That was an order through a feed store that got them from Ideal. My next order - after finding some one to take 8 roos (we thought a slow developing one was a Pullet), we made our next order from Cackle and had much better results. But. Yeah - wow 🤯 horrifying experience for someone who hadn't had chickens in 40 years! And my husband never had.

Back
Top Bottom