Blue copper maran sexing

What are the chicks doing ? Jumping into other chicks boxes ?
I've wondered this. Also, eggs accidentally getting mixed up. A few years back I got a Buff Brahma from a Hatchery that supposedly wasn't selling any. Apparently, what I got was supposed to be a part of their breeding flock. The bird was beautiful, though a few years later when they started selling the breed, I discovered she would have added a lot to the breeding pen.

I've wondered this. Also, eggs accidentally getting mixed up. A few years back I got a Buff Brahma from a Hatchery that supposedly wasn't selling any. Apparently, what I got was supposed to be a part of their breeding flock. The bird was beautiful, though a few years later when they started selling the breed, I discovered she would have added a lot to the breeding pen.
Oh wow !!

Iā€™d say the two in the pic may be female. That second one is iffy on the comb. But, Iā€™ve raised BCM (straight run) once and the males were really obvious by now. Occasionally, a male takes a bit longer, so that second one could be male as there is more comb development, but lacks color.

Iā€™d say the two in the pic may be female. That second one is iffy on the comb. But, Iā€™ve raised BCM (straight run) once and the males were really obvious by now. Occasionally, a male takes a bit longer, so that second one could be male as there is more comb development, but lacks color.
Okay noted. Iā€™ll keep an eye on it and tell my mom to as well . Iā€™m also going to add some pictures of my Wyandotte pullets soon to see what yall say . Hereā€™s a picture of just oneā€™s face . Iā€™ll get better pics later or tomorrow . Iā€™m unsure of how sexing these guys usually goes

Attachments

• IMG_6959.jpeg
    IMG_6959.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 5
You'll never know about all the accidental hatchery mix ups happening until your read some interesting threads here on BYC šŸ˜
Exactly, which i why i am going to be very picky if i go through a hatchery. And i will no longer be buying from our local feed store even though they have Salmon Faverolles this year

@TaylorGlade for instance got sent a terrible mix up.

Hatchery employees seem overwhelmed at times.
Oh wow! Yes! I got 9 roos and one Pullet. That was an order through a feed store that got them from Ideal. My next order - after finding some one to take 8 roos (we thought a slow developing one was a Pullet), we made our next order from Cackle and had much better results. But. Yeah - wow šŸ¤Æ horrifying experience for someone who hadn't had chickens in 40 years! And my husband never had.

Back
Top Bottom