Blue Copper Maran?

I have a pullet that was supposedly a blue copper maran when I got her from the local feed store. At 14 weeks, she hasn’t started exhibiting any copper in her hackles and her comb is coming in gray, so I’m wondering what breed or mix she could be. A friend’s copper maran that she got at the same time is showing copper and a red comb. Mine has the look and lacing of a blue Sumatra but with the feathered feet of the blue copper maran. She’s a very pretty girl, but I’m curious as to where she fits on the breed scale. (And, of course, what color egg to expect.) When she’s not in direct sunlight, the head/hackles are a darker blue/black.View attachment 2713451
She beautiful.

I have a pullet that was supposedly a blue copper maran when I got her from the local feed store. At 14 weeks, she hasn’t started exhibiting any copper in her hackles and her comb is coming in gray, so I’m wondering what breed or mix she could be. A friend’s copper maran that she got at the same time is showing copper and a red comb. Mine has the look and lacing of a blue Sumatra but with the feathered feet of the blue copper maran. She’s a very pretty girl, but I’m curious as to where she fits on the breed scale. (And, of course, what color egg to expect.) When she’s not in direct sunlight, the head/hackles are a darker blue/black.View attachment 2713451
Now that it’s later in the year are you seeing any copper colors yet? I have a young BCM that I’m wondering about too. She has more dark features and is a very dark blue.

Attachments

• 2EABAA06-0053-451C-AED1-FA3BD50F1176.jpeg
    2EABAA06-0053-451C-AED1-FA3BD50F1176.jpeg
    592.9 KB · Views: 15
My Blue Marans with gray comb. 20 weeks old now. Hasn't laid yet.

Attachments

• PXL_20210819_173144478.jpg
    PXL_20210819_173144478.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom