<<Blue Copper Marans>> who won the ones on ovabid?

needmorechickens!

Songster
11 Years
Jul 2, 2008
West TN
wee.gif
I know lots of us are looking for Marans...There are blue coppers and many others on ovabid right now..."chick" it out!
wee.gif

http://www.ovabid.com/catalog.asp?catid=412

Edited to say: I was just wondering if anyone here won these and could update us with how it goes?
~Rebecca

Last edited:
I considered bidding on some of these eggs the last time he had them I contacted him via email to get more information he literally copied the information from the ad and sent it to me. His flock is totally mixed I dont care for that. I will continue to look for the careful breeders.

Yeah, that one is still on there, but there are 2 others now! There are some pure Blue Copper ones from a reputable seller.
D.gif

~Rebecca

I was just on ovabid.

Ahhh, yeah...YOU CAN'T GET A BLUE COPPER FROM TWO BLACK PARENTS. It is not possible. black x black = black. In order to get blue, you have to have a blue or splash parent.

8s on a color chart? In your dreams honey...

I wouldn't buy a single egg from one of these ovabid or ebay people without an egg chart next to the eggs they are selling. There are a few good ones out there and the majority don't give a hoot about the breed. They are just trying to make a buck.

I truly believe these people that think they have the 7-9s out of any marans, let alone blue coppers are suffering from Wishful Thinking Syndrome. Oh, I know there are a few poeple out there that can get 7s pretty regularly from some of the black copper lines, but the 8-9s, not likely. And if they are getting them, they sure as heck are not selling them. You can bet your bootie on that one.

You are much better waiting to get on a list from a good breeder that actually cares about the qualities you are looking for.

As an example, I waited, and here are my blue coppers from the last few days against some cochin and buff rocks. The one on the left is a 5, the rest are 4s. I am happy with those and will be able to increase our little flock with that level of color.
eggcol1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom