blue eggs-selling?

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
We are going to get our first Amauracana pullet this Saturday!
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
We have never had one before. The only breeds we have had are red stars, buffs, cochins, and RIRs. The pullet will lay blue eggs, too! Very excited.
clap.gif

We are also planning on selling eggs to people, once we have enough hens laying. 3 are laying so far.
But if we get this blue Amauracana pullet, and she l;ays blue eggs, will people still buy the eggs??? Or when selling eggs, do they always have to be brown, tan white, etc. and no colors???
hu.gif

Thanks!

I think the mixture gives people a happy wholesome farm fresh feeling when buying eggs. I know that I would love getting a variety of colors in my egg carton. I am pretty sure others would too. Congrats on your new pullet!

My customers get excited when they get the rare green or blue egg.
smile.png
I also have a barred rock that lays speckled eggs... one customer asked specifically for those... said they were Easter eggs to her.
smile.png

The farm where we buy our eggs (we got our first tiny pullet egg today!) has mostly brown eggs but they put one blue/green egg in each dozen. My kids love it and take turns getting to eat the colored one.

I actually sell blue bantam eggs. Not many, because my flock isn't that big yet and we use a lot at home, but I think I could sell any amount I had. I decrease price because they are bantam eggs, but I think people really like the blue color.

I can't wait till my Marans start laying - I will sell a mix of big dark and small blue eggs.

I was just going to suggest putting one blue in each carton - that makes it exciting! We just started getting eggs in October and now are passing them out to friends and family -the blue eggs are a real hit but the brainwashed kids think it is weird to have all blue... lol

Back
Top Bottom