Blue eyed duck

Shikoba70

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 17, 2013
Was wondering if anyone had a coloured duck that has blue eyes? I have 3 white ducks with blue eyes, my lavender and bronze ducks both have brown eyes but my new Chocolate duckling (she is now 6 weeks )has blue eyes. I wondered if that means she must carry the white head gene or is normal for a dark duck to have blue eyes?

I have one black and white Muscovy that has one blue eye, but haven't noticed any other duck with blue eyes.

-Kathy

Any idea where the white eyes in a black/white duck came from, 'cause none of my ducks are white. I'm a color and muscovy novice, so I haven't a clue, lol.

-Kathy

Any idea where the white eyes in a black/white duck came from, 'cause none of my ducks are white. I'm a color and muscovy novice, so I haven't a clue, lol.

-Kathy

I have no idea it's a mystery to me, someone who is into genetics could answer that question and we have a few they just haven't been on in a while.

My white crested duck - probably a Pekin (the box at the feed store said Assorted) - has blue eyes. I can't usually tell they're blue until I'm right up on him. I almost think they turn blue only when he's stressed, as the rest of the time they look dark brown.

Not sure if you can tell here. He hates the hat, and he hates being picked up. Maybe it's that his pupils are so tiny in this photo ...

I have two! One is a male blue pied muscovy...

The other is one of my mysterious mixes. She has heterochromia...one eye is brown and one is blue. Here's a pic of the blue side. (She's the 2nd duck.)

I have two! One is a male blue pied muscovy...

The other is one of my mysterious mixes. She has heterochromia...one eye is brown and one is blue. Here's a pic of the blue side. (She's the 2nd duck.)

cool! i still only have whites with blue eyes, i do have one guy with black facial fleshing this year, a first for me(Muscovy)

Back
Top Bottom