Blue Favaucana

Started getting some eggs from one ( or both? ) of the favaucana pullets a couple of weeks ago

As expected they’re green...
How marvelous! Congratulations. It's also interesting to see the Faverolles eggs next to the Orpington eggs. We have two Orpingtons, and one lays the palest beige-y brown and the other lays a normal brown egg. It's surprising how light the Faverolles eggs are. I'm surprised, frankly, that they contribute any brown pigment to the green egg!

Finally got an ameraucana egg to compare with the Favaucanas eggs

Top two are Favaucanas, the third is the ameraucana, the last is a salmon Faverolle or buff pro... most likely an orp

3C26A1CD-067A-49EE-BA4D-DC01798C13E2.jpeg
ADF82264-0002-4619-A89F-593489E2C916.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi. I came across this thread looking for info and pics of Favaucanas, at different ages. I have a 10 week old that I purchased at 1 day old, and I have suspicions that it is a cockeral, First because of behavior, and since a few weeks ago, his appearance as well. I posted in this forum a couple of weeks ago on a different thread, and got some good feedback, but no one who comment were very familiar with Favaucanas. I am attaching pics i took today. If those of you that raised any, can give me your opinion, I would really appreciate it... Thank you. :)

Attachments

• 20200715_200514.jpg
    20200715_200514.jpg
    746.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200715_200206.jpg
    20200715_200206.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200715_200130.jpg
    20200715_200130.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200715_194952.jpg
    20200715_194952.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 16
I'm still interested. :frow
Sorry, I mostly hit "like" for "I brake for squirrels" -- me, too, even though they steal feed from my chickens! They are still cute, and they come when I call.

Let's all make up our own breeds! Seriously, this is how breeds get started. And, if they get a following, the breed continues!!!

I myself have been breeding Ameridels for years, Ameraucana male X Delaware female. They are light, almost white colored, with beautiful shades of green eggs, inside shell is blue, nice size eggs and birds if you need all-purpose (i.e., you eat the excess cockerels and maybe some hens).

I also breed Amerorps, Ameraucana male x Buff Orpington females. They are buff Orpington color, same pluses as the Ameridels, but I am on the lookout for any of my Amerorps who will retain the setting behavior, since I don't like to maintain brooders.

I have crossed other breeds with mixed results.

It's a fancy easter egger, you could get a greenish, blueish or just a brown egg like any other EE. And you're correct, not a breed a well planned backyard mutt ..guess they are like chicken versions of labradoodles lol! First cross is pretty spot on Op's bird,past that its a surprise. Not a huge deal for a person who just enjoys having them in their flock and dosent plan to make more. But if you read MPC's description it says "first generation favacanas" so since that's all that exsist they're being pretty honest.:)

This is so true. My Ameriorps are not breeding true, and I am still working on the cross-breeding to make them breed true. This is the real work of creating a new breed. Crosses are easy, new breeds not so easy!

Back
Top Bottom