Blue Favaucana

For anyone that might be interested here’s a couple pics of a blue 2nd generation Favaucana cockerel from this years hatch. His papa was Favaucana ( 1/2 faverolles & 1/2 Ameraucana) and his mother was full Ameraucana... so he’s 3/4 Ameraucana I guess.

he has a nice light blue cotton candy beard and no leg feathering, and only four toes

View attachment 2435791View attachment 2435794
Did you get any children off him this year? He looks more ameraucana than some of the ameraucanas I see out there 😂 beautiful bird!!

Did you get any children off him this year? He looks more ameraucana than some of the ameraucanas I see out there 😂 beautiful bird!!

Thanks! yeah that fella was a looker.

No young out of him though, I decided to keep his brother who was splash colored, but thought that someone would want that pretty light blue one, so I listed him for a few bucks rather than make soup out of him, and some lady ended up talking me out of him and two matching hens. They made a real pretty trio for her.

Maybe one of these days when you get your creles where you want them, I’ll hafta stop making blue mutts and get some creles from you 😉

Thanks! yeah that fella was a looker.

No young out of him though, I decided to keep his brother who was splash colored, but thought that someone would want that pretty light blue one, so I listed him for a few bucks rather than make soup out of him, and some lady ended up talking me out of him and two matching hens. They made a real pretty trio for her.

Maybe one of these days when you get your creles where you want them, I’ll hafta stop making blue mutts and get some creles from you 😉
Give me another year and a half and I'll trade some crele eggs for some of those blue mutts :) I like the extra size and bigger muffs!!

Not much on this thread lately but I'll add what I've got, lol...This is Freya my BF, she is 18 weeks old. I was cracking up reading this thread with all the mentions of their voices, she puts my Welsummer to shame with her never-ending screeching chatter, like nails on a chalkboard :lau She is VERY friendly and chill, would definitely have another one!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/account/th-attachment-manager/3118579/view

Freya laid her first egg, 2 days shy of 22 weeks and my FBCM lagertha followed suit the very next day ❤

Attachments

• 20220621_170143.jpg
    20220621_170143.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom