Blue Laced Red Orp Project

Krys109uk

Songster
11 Years
Aug 6, 2008
a valley; by a brook.
As you can see the lacing is very poor, not all of the correct genes are present & it is on the wrong gene at the e-locus. The bird's type isn't very good either, but it could be worse I suppose.
Seems I've cut his comb off in the pic, (I'm not a good photographer).....probably just as well as the comb is too big anyway.
tongue.png

14136_blue_laced_red_orp_project_1.jpg

14136_blue_laced_red_orp_project_2.jpg

thanks for showing us the project in the works! i cant wait to see a final result! how fun! i can only hope to start a project....

good luck
thumbsup.gif

Nice broad chest on that male Krys. I assume you'll work to thin out the lacing on the breast, and shorten the comb, but otherwise, he's a cracking good start.
Maransman out

Last edited by a moderator:
Maransman -- As the standards for the orpington breed in the US and the Uk are different that remark is flaming and inciteful to those who breed orps here and follow the standard set by the APA.

I am publically issuing a warning that the next flame on these threads will result in the closing of the thread and banning will be discussed among the staff regarding the person who is commiting the offense.

3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)​

Beautiful bird. I'll take all your rejects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work. I'm so glad that people are working on all these project orps. I'm excited to get my paws on some of these orps!!!!

flyingmonkey, I'm in agreement w/you. Not the right breed for me, but I LOVE the looks of them! Always have, always will. I think he's gorgeous!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom