Blue Laced Red Orp Project

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Krys109uk, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Chillin' With My Peeps

As you can see the lacing is very poor, not all of the correct genes are present & it is on the wrong gene at the e-locus. The bird's type isn't very good either, but it could be worse I suppose.
    Seems I've cut his comb off in the pic, (I'm not a good photographer).....probably just as well as the comb is too big anyway. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    thanks for showing us the project in the works! i cant wait to see a final result! how fun! i can only hope to start a project....

good luck
    [​IMG]

3. Grace

Grace Out Of The Brooder

Feb 19, 2009
    You have beautiful birds Krys109uk!

Thanks for sharing! [​IMG]

4. ceadar post

ceadar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    Krys109uk NICE JOB BEAUTIES [​IMG] You have nice birds.. [​IMG]

5. Maransman

Maransman New Egg

Mar 18, 2009
    Andann
    Nice broad chest on that male Krys. I assume you'll work to thin out the lacing on the breast, and shorten the comb, but otherwise, he's a cracking good start.
    Maransman out

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Maransman -- As the standards for the orpington breed in the US and the Uk are different that remark is flaming and inciteful to those who breed orps here and follow the standard set by the APA.

I am publically issuing a warning that the next flame on these threads will result in the closing of the thread and banning will be discussed among the staff regarding the person who is commiting the offense.

3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)​

7. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Beautiful bird. I'll take all your rejects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work. I'm so glad that people are working on all these project orps. I'm excited to get my paws on some of these orps!!!!

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Maransman....I'd make a comment, but I better not.

pretty bird Krys.

9. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Do you have any pics of the hens? I bet they are gorgeous. I just love seeing the orpingtons, they arent the right breed for me but they are so pretty.

10. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    flyingmonkey, I'm in agreement w/you. Not the right breed for me, but I LOVE the looks of them! Always have, always will. I think he's gorgeous! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by