Blue laced red Wyandotte pullet or roo?

I wouldn't trust that breeder, tbh, because if I know the first one is a cockerel, then they certainly must know.
To be fair, the patchy coloring is just starting to become more pronounced, and was not showing nearly as much in the last photos I sent the breeder. But that was my top indicator. All my previous Roos had that classic solid colored shoulder patch going on, wasn’t sure if that was also an indicator for Wyandotte.

Thank you!

To be fair, the patchy coloring is just starting to become more pronounced, and was not showing nearly as much in the last photos I sent the breeder. But that was my top indicator. All my previous Roos had that classic solid colored shoulder patch going on, wasn’t sure if that was also an indicator for Wyandotte.

Thank you!
Okay, that makes sense. They are nice looking Wyandottes so they must be doing something right.

The first is a cockerel, the second a pullet. The first one has very thick legs, red shoulder patches without lacing, and a large comb and wattles. Those are the reasons I believe it is a cockerel.
I also didn’t even notice his legs!! 🤦‍♀️Great spot
They’re almost twice as thick as the adult hens! The guy in the first photos pictured below in the middle

Attachments

• IMG_2443.png
    IMG_2443.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom