Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Just about every single breed I've ever raised and owned was skittish including my BLRWs. All of my Cuckoo marans, Rhode Island Reds, White and Buff orpingtons, Comets, Red Stars, Light Brahmas, Old English games, Millies, Leghorns, etc....have done nothing more than run over to me for food. Still I love them of course. I have 1 buff orpington that occasionally lets me pick her up but the rest of the time she runs from me. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong. I've raised them all from chicks. I love reading stories of how friendly and even affectionate some chickens are, wish I had that here!!
The only bird I can walk over to and pet just about any time is my Royal Palm tom.
Besides the over all look and color of Wyandottes, it was what I read about their calm and friendly disposition that prompted me to buy them. But mine are not fans of me that's for sure!
bow.gif
I have a BLRW roo. I got him at about 12 weeks old. He had been raised in a family w/children and he was their baby ! He's about 8 months old now and still sits on my lap for some lovin', he's not crazy about being carried though. I also have an OE hen that I hatched this past March, ahe will fly up on my shoulder & sit while I'm doing chores !! She also likes to be held and have her chin rubbed !

Ours are friendly. They come running on site and are under foot to the point of I trip over myself trying to not to step on them. A lot of the show birds are kept seperate to keep their feathers nice. The hens are brought to the males every other day. Those chickens are so use to being handled that they know which order that they go and basically form a line. It's pretty cool. I am amazed at how smart they really are.

Happy New Years to all my BY friends!!!
What better to do on New Years Eve but take pictures of my chickens and post them for everyone to see. I look forward to your "Constructive" criticism and comments. I'm here to learn!!!
The first 8 are of my Hen....

The rest are of my pullet....Or at least she's not laying at this moment!!!

So glad my BLRWs are finally laying regularly! It took them a while to even give me an egg. Can't wait to see the babies - they are sooooo cute as chicks. :) We currently have three chicks from hatching eggs and they are the prettiest things!

Back
Top Bottom