Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Speaking of BLACK BLRW..... I have a very nice Cock that I got by accident from Jerry Foley.  He said it was my lucky day and I am thinking now he was right LOL.  After really looking over my roos he is the nices one i have.  I am going to put him in a breeding pen with I think 8 pullets.  2 are black and the rest are blue.  We will see what I get.  I am ok with getting more blacks from the cross because I also have a HUGE Splash cockerel growing out and I can use the nicest black pullets with him.  Not sure that I have any black cockerels yet but I am sure I will soon enough.  I know we are planning a trip to Louisville KY in the fall if that would help.

I will get some pics when I move them out to the breeding pens.

It really was your lucky day. It's funny but I got one of each in the black BLRW and the hen is my favorite of all my BLRW. When the sun is on her feathers they remind me of velvet. Her name is Audrey ( Hepburn ).

Not in Foleys league but pretty non the less.

Speaking of BLACK BLRW..... I have a very nice Cock that I got by accident from Jerry Foley.  He said it was my lucky day and I am thinking now he was right LOL.  After really looking over my roos he is the nices one i have.  I am going to put him in a breeding pen with I think 8 pullets.  2 are black and the rest are blue.  We will see what I get.  I am ok with getting more blacks from the cross because I also have a HUGE Splash cockerel growing out and I can use the nicest black pullets with him.  Not sure that I have any black cockerels yet but I am sure I will soon enough.  I know we are planning a trip to Louisville KY in the fall if that would help.

I will get some pics when I move them out to the breeding pens.

That was some nice luck.

Will you be bringing birds to Louisville for sale? I'm only 1.5 hours away from there,and just lost my UofA blues(think that's what there called?) The blue egg layers. So I thought I might give your sbel a try.

I purchased my blrw directly from Mr.Foley,and his birds are just incredible. Good luck with the black cockeral.

It really was your lucky day. It's funny but I got one of each in the black BLRW and the hen is my favorite of all my BLRW. When the sun is on her feathers they remind me of velvet. Her name is Audrey ( Hepburn ).

Not in Foleys league but pretty non the less.[/quote
Very pretty.

I bought a half dozen BLRW eggs back in February and 2 hatched. I ended up with 2 cockerels- a black and a splash. I have another dozen eggs in my incubator now. Here's my black one. They are 4 months old now.

My little ladies. They are BEST FRIENDS! Freaking inseparable. It's funny cause all my chickens will be in one part of the yard and these two will be cuddling together under a tree or on the porch

And a black cockerel? The lighting in this room is bad. The feathers on both of these are black and mahogany, I'm hoping the one I think is blue will molt out of this and grow in blue laced? What are your experiences with this?
[/IMG]

I'm thinking blue cockerel... What do you think...
agree cockerel, kinda big comb

And a black cockerel? The lighting in this room is bad. The feathers on both of these are black and mahogany, I'm hoping the one I think is blue will molt out of this and grow in blue laced? What are your experiences with this?
[/URL]
based on comb, probably also male

it's too hard to see the feather color, blue vs black, in your photos. it is normal for blue chicks to have black, though. if you look very closely at the black, sometimes it looks dirty or muted - slightly grey. a true black will have the darkest dark black, and it's very shiny black, iridescent colors catching the light.

I kind of think all the pics you posted are blues. but again I cant see them that well... need better lighting :) they sure are cuties!!

maybe this comparison pic will help you. on the left is a blue; on the right is a black. you can see the wing feathers on the blue have some black in them! but the butt fluff is clearly gray/blue. the black is a true dark black.

these are from ChickenHill :)

just for fun, here is the black chick on the right, as of yesterday. he is 4.5 mos old now. I am only keeping the Blue males, so this guy is headed for freezer camp in the next month or so. Unless I find someone in need of a beautiful black blrw male?

Back
Top Bottom