Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I got home late lastnight from fair grounds, was so tired went right to bed and forgot the camera in the truck, I'll try and get them uploaded today for you.

I am asking for a little help choosing some birds.
I have an opportunity to purchase some a Foley cockerel and some pullets and I would like some opinions. These birds are between 4&5 months old. Here are the choices:

Both above photos of cockerel #1

Both above photos of cockerel #2
I chose cockerel #2
Here are the pullets:

Pullet #1

Pullet #2

Pullet #3

Pullet #4

Pullet #5
I chose Pullet #1&4

Hi everyone!
I have wanted a blue laced red Wyandotte ever sense I saw the first pic! A local feed store just got in clean legged bantam assortment last week. So hoping a couple wayndottes were in the mix I went to go look. While searching threw me and one of the workers found this one little chick with a copper/brassy head and smokey colored body. Thinking he/she was unique and different from the rest I took he/she home. Once home I did some research on color and I think I might have gotten lucky and have a blue laced red. The wing feathers are coming in blue with touches of red. My phone want up load pics do based on my description what do you think?

Hi everyone!
I have wanted a blue laced red Wyandotte ever sense I saw the first pic! A local feed store just got in clean legged bantam assortment last week. So hoping a couple wayndottes were in the mix I went to go look. While searching threw me and one of the workers found this one little chick with a copper/brassy head and smokey colored body. Thinking he/she was unique and different from the rest I took he/she home. Once home I did some research on color and I think I might have gotten lucky and have a blue laced red. The wing feathers are coming in blue with touches of red. My phone want up load pics do based on my description what do you think?
It's possible.. but no one can say for sure without a picture. Can you tell what type of comb it has?

Also, are you looking for the bantam size only? Or are you interested in the large fowl BLRW too? I only ask because I actually got my LF BLRW from a breeder that's in your area. :)

I got home late lastnight from fair grounds, was so tired went right to bed and forgot the camera in the truck, I'll try and get them uploaded today for you.

I am asking for a little help choosing some birds.
I have an opportunity to purchase some a Foley cockerel and some pullets and I would like some opinions. These birds are between 4&5 months old. Here are the choices:

Pullet #5
I chose Pullet #1&4
Oh wow. They are stunning. Without seeing your comments I was going to say Cockerel #2 and pullet #1 and #3. but after seeing you comment I agree #4 looks better than 3. hard choice. would have wanted to take them all myself
wink.png

Everyone has such lovely birds!

I have 4 BLRW's from Foley line I was told. They are 20 weeks. Unfortunately I did not get any blues :( so I am looking.

^^ He is black laced right?

Everyone has such lovely birds!

I have 4 BLRW's from Foley line I was told. They are 20 weeks. Unfortunately I did not get any blues :( so I am looking.

^^ He is black laced right?

I am located in Wisconsin and have 5 chicks left of my pure Foley line that are about a week and half old. I just sold all my others this weekend. I will be getting more stock and have more to choose from in another month or so that are pure Foley. May I ask who the breeder was?

Oh wow. They are stunning. Without seeing your comments I was going to say Cockerel #2 and pullet #1 and #3. but after seeing you comment I agree #4 looks better than 3. hard choice. would have wanted to take them all myself
wink.png
Thanks Farmer, #3 was nice but the lacing was thin and I figured for breeding it would only thin out more? I liked the darker mahogany on the 2 I chose and the thicker darker lacing as I keep reading about it diluting out thru breeding and want to have that happen as little as possible. If I could afford it I would take them all but after losing a Foley hen a few months ago and my Foley roo while I was on vacation along with nearly 500 chicks(sil will never house sit again!!) I have to be chosey with my money.

Back
Top Bottom