Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

I am located in Wisconsin and have 5 chicks left of my pure Foley line that are about a week and half old. I just sold all my others this weekend. I will be getting more stock and have more to choose from in another month or so that are pure Foley. May I ask who the breeder was?

Lisa Schmitt was the breeder. She said they're 3rd gen Foley stock. I'd love to get some more BLRW chicks. You don't happen to be Headache Ranch Hatchery? I'm getting some BLR EEs next week, I'd like to get some BLRWs at that time too.

Here's my lil girl, she will be 8 weeks old on Aug 14th. Unfortunately we lost her sister to an unknown night predator that tore the coop wire open.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Lisa Schmitt was the breeder. She said they're 3rd gen Foley stock. I'd love to get some more BLRW chicks. You don't happen to be Headache Ranch Hatchery? I'm getting some BLR EEs next week, I'd like to get some BLRWs at that time too.
Lol, that is me. Just to keep you all straight as I've been talking to alot of people on fb wanting my EE, which one are you? I have one hatched so far and one pipped right now so you can get a little excited!

Everyone has such lovely birds!

I have 4 BLRW's from Foley line I was told. They are 20 weeks. Unfortunately I did not get any blues :( so I am looking.

^^ He is black laced right?

beautiful birds! Are you going to breed Splash X black to get 100% blues? Just curious :)
I have one black pullet I am growing out right now and she has some double-lacing in her black that I wonder if she will grow out of. she is almost 6 months old. did/do yours have that?

Thanks Farmer, #3 was nice but the lacing was thin and I figured for breeding it would only thin out more? I liked the darker mahogany on the 2 I chose and the thicker darker lacing as I keep reading about it diluting out thru breeding and want to have that happen as little as possible. If I could afford it I would take them all but after losing a Foley hen a few months ago and my Foley roo while I was on vacation along with nearly 500 chicks(sil will never house sit again!!) I have to be chosey with my money.
yeah, I definitely think you made the right choice on the pullets and the cockerels. so sorry to hear about losing your hen. I would be extremely upset too. how lucky that you are able to get birds from Foley! can't tell you how envious I am ;) you will have to let me know when you start hatching out babies and I will order some from you!

Here's my lil girl, she will be 8 weeks old on Aug 14th. Unfortunately we lost her sister to an unknown night predator that tore the coop wire open.
[/URL]
sorry about the girl you lost *hugs* at least you have this pretty blue girl left. she looks like she has some feathering in to do still!

Lol, that is me. Just to keep you all straight as I've been talking to alot of people on fb wanting my EE, which one are you? I have one hatched so far and one pipped right now so you can get a little excited!

I am K. Proffit. I am very excited if you can't tell :) are they laying green eggs? I can PM you on FB but if you still have some BLRWs when those EEs are ready I will probably be interested. Nice to see your stock are winning at the fair!

beautiful birds! Are you going to breed Splash X black to get 100% blues? Just curious :)
I have one black pullet I am growing out right now and she has some double-lacing in her black that I wonder if she will grow out of. she is almost 6 months old. did/do yours have that?

I was thinking about it :)

My black pullet has really thick lacing but never had double.

I was wondering if inbreeding is something I need to worry about?

I was thinking about it
smile.png

My black pullet has really thick lacing but never had double.

I was wondering if inbreeding is something I need to worry about?

inbreeding is referred to as line breeding, and it emphasizes desired traits by strengthening them. inbreeding for poultry isn't bad like it is for humans. you can keep inbreeding until you see negative results (genetic deformities) before diluting the gene pool with new blood :)

Everyone has such lovely birds!

I have 4 BLRW's from Foley line I was told. They are 20 weeks. Unfortunately I did not get any blues :( so I am looking.

^^ He is black laced right?

Why are you LOOKING? You have splash and black that cross makes 100% blues. Cross that splash pullet with a black cockerel and the splash cockerel to you black pullets.

Back
Top Bottom