Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

This roo?  He looks Blue to me......

ALEX can you put a pic up of a Black LRW roo?

You know I can't let this slide... I know your not intending to ask me but my nic name is Alex short for Alexandria!! :lau  so here's a few pictures of some of my black BLRWs
This is a black BLRW I purchased as a chick from the Foley's. Although he was beautiful and was very good with the hens he was very aggressive to my kids so I culled him after one to many attacks.
I think the easiest way to tell a black from a dark blue is that the blacks have green tail feathers.
hes young in this photo and filled out beautifully and was a HUGE bird.

900x900px-LL-1ddf1bbf_340.jpeg

Here is a black hen that is the sister to the above roo purchased from the Foley's. I have since placed her in another home when I did my fall cull. She was a big girl too. All the Wyandottes I have had from the Foley's have been very large.
900x900px-LL-45a6ae9b_423.jpeg
Beautiful! :love I have a black lace guy

Gorgeous, gorgeous guys! I love the green sheen also. The partridge are also lovely. I wish I had room for them also. Just have to appreciate others:)

Well I lost my last pullet today, I'm getting rid of the three roos I have and starting over. Will be putting them on buy/sell/trade if anyone is interested. I'm in Missouri.

Yeah, I will try to take some more pics today while they are out of the pen. Hopefully better lighting will help. The lady that I bought them from said he was black, so that is what I was going off of. Another question what should I be looking for as far as type when picking out new birds and getting rid of babies when I get them?

Thanks
Without getting to into it...Some of the things we look for in our chicks are nicely shaped wide heads, length of beak on the short side, wide feathers, slow to feather out and teepee shaped tail.

So after what seems like a whole life time, i finally got my babies all grown up......... here are a couple pictures of them, what do you guys think? I got rid of my Splash roo, and Blue roo and kept my Black roo.

I know red looks pretty orange in these photos, and when i can say i am very sure they could still use a lot of work including the red color, they are infact redder then this picture looks. Can anyone let me know now that they are laying and Bad Johnny is doing his thing what i should be looking for?

Thanks. Melissa~

So yesterday, I picked up my first flock of Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. I know that they are going to need some work, but I was hoping if someone could help me figure out what I need to do with them to enhance their colors.

I was so excited that I was able to get all 9 birds, 5 hens and 4 roosters. They are about 1 year old.

Thoughts?

Well, Some of those look pretty nice, they all seem splash other then there might be a blue in the far back, so you would just get splash unless you breed with blues or black laced reds, I see one hen who has a tail that is at a 90 degree angle when it should be 45,

Back
Top Bottom