Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

well i seriously don't know, that's why I'm asking
hide.gif
, and they look so different i thought maybe that was what people look for when sexing by feathers instead of venting
roll.png

Fast vs. slow feathering can be a sex-linked trait in the first generation, but not the second. So you really need to know how they were bred to know for sure. Just like sex-links bred together do not produce more sex-links, it is the same with fast vs.slow feathering. So, you can make an educated guess that a faster feathering chick might be a female, but if you do not know the background it is no different than guessing based on posture, or leg/foot size, or whatever.

Fast vs. slow feathering can be a sex-linked trait in the first generation, but not the second. So you really need to know how they were bred to know for sure. Just like sex-links bred together do not produce more sex-links, it is the same with fast vs.slow feathering. So, you can make an educated guess that a faster feathering chick might be a female, but if you do not know the background it is no different than guessing based on posture, or leg/foot size, or whatever.

ho! I see! Tanks, that was easy to understand.... so i guess i have to wait until they grow up
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom