Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Quote:
You got to plan to save. Just like you do money 10% every hatch is yours
lol.png

Guys could you post some blue laced chicks because i got what i thought were friesian eggs but only 3 were friesian and one is random and he has blue laced wyanottes so i think it might be one of them.

any pics please, (the chick is a couple days old)

Regarding the previous notes - color choices for breeding pens:
I don't want to misquote anyone, so I'll just say I recall reading these bits and pieces...

Breeding black with blue or splash produces more melanization, including the darker edge ring around blue or splash lacing.

Breeding blue to blue or blue to splash reduces this dark edge ring.

Breeding blue to blue produces a more uniform lacing color.

Repetitive use of splash in each generation continually lightens the lacing color, and is more likely to dilute the mahogany/reds.

I am still growing out all of these colors from other breeders, so I haven't had a chance to see what my flock will produce. I have a splash pullet that is so pretty, and I really like the darker edge on her hackle lacing. I have another splash pullet with intensely deep mahogany, and very light colored lacing in general. Splash #2 is younger and her neck colors haven't really developed. My roosters and other hens fill in the range of black and blues.

Any personal observations from you flock, or practical experience from other resources, is appreciated.

I don't want to misquote anyone, so I'll just say I recall reading these bits and pieces...

Breeding black with blue or splash produces more melanization, including the darker edge ring around blue or splash lacing.

Repetitive use of splash in each generation continually lightens the lacing color, and is more likely to dilute the mahogany/reds.

I am still growing out all of these colors from other breeders, so I haven't had a chance to see what my flock will produce. I have a splash pullet that is so pretty, and I really like the darker edge on her hackle lacing. I have another splash pullet with intensely deep mahogany, and very light colored lacing in general. Splash #2 is younger and her neck colors haven't really developed. My roosters and other hens fill in the range of black and blues.

Any personal observations from you flock, or practical experience from other resources, is appreciated.
Yes,

And how about some pictures?

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom