Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

After a weeklong transition, the chicks are spending tonight in their new coop... and I can't sleep!! lol
caf.gif

Here are some updated pics. They are 7.5 weeks old now

The 2 roos, Mr Green & BobBob

All 5 BLRWs in one shot is hard to do

This one (purple) is starting to get a bit pink in the face. Nooo! Be a pullet!

BobBob is the very red roo in the front, and the largest. He is starting to get a little bit of lacing on his chest, but mostly red

the girl with her head up is the invert comb pullet

After a weeklong transition, the chicks are spending tonight in their new coop... and I can't sleep!! lol
caf.gif

Here are some updated pics. They are 7.5 weeks old now

The 2 roos, Mr Green & BobBob

All 5 BLRWs in one shot is hard to do

This one (purple) is starting to get a bit pink in the face. Nooo! Be a pullet!

BobBob is the very red roo in the front, and the largest. He is starting to get a little bit of lacing on his chest, but mostly red

the girl with her head up is the invert comb pullet

No that's okay, I was hoping someone else would agree. I've been suspicious of Orange and Purple for a few weeks. If anything, I can pick a good breeder this way (with your help). I'm hatching more BLRWs in about a month.

Blue may be my only pullet, and she's got the inverted comb :(

Any thoughts about lacing in the roo I keep for breeding? Is he still too young to comment on Bob's redness?

Last edited:
No that's okay, I was hoping someone else would agree. I've been suspicious of Orange and Purple for a few weeks. If anything, I can pick a good breeder this way (with your help). I'm hatching more BLRWs in about a month.

Blue may be my only pullet, and she's got the inverted comb
sad.png

Any thoughts about lacing in the roo I keep for breeding? Is he still too young to comment on Bob's redness?
Too young to choose a breeder..you need a good 8 months for adult feathering to come in and for body type to develop..sometimes longer..

Back
Top Bottom