Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Meyer sells sexed blrw while McMurray only sells straight run. I have 2 pullets left from Meyer (sold all the straight combs and had 2 drown themselves before I got the lid on the water bucket). I ordered 8 (7 pullets, 1 cockerel) and got all splash pullets and the cockerel was blue. 3 of the pullets had straight combs. Expect splash chicks. Lacing and color and type won't be up to the SOP but they will be lovely to look at for a little backyard eye candy.

I'll see if I can get a pic to upload.

This is what I have left of my Meyer birds. Not breeding quality I don't think but to give you an idea:

the one in front clearly has incomplete lacing and is very orangey. the one in back has better (but not GOOD) coloring, and incomplete (but not as incomplete as the other) lacing. They both have low tail angle for breed standard, but they're still pretty and break up the 'look' of the flock.

Last edited:
Quote: Thanks for sharing. I am eagerly awaiting my arrival in May from Meyer. I hope that mine looks like your girl in the back...I'm only in it for the yard candy! I already have a couple of red birds (RIR and an EE) so I hope her lacing is distinctive...

I got an egg today from the other BLRW pen
ya.gif
I also hatched my first chick from the first pen that started laying. I think it is black, pretty dark. Only one... that was all I set LOL .... More next week and every week for awhile I hope. MAYBE this year I can really make a go of the BLRW for me and to sell.

ya.gif
I also hatched my first chick from the first pen that started laying. I think it is black, pretty dark. Only one... that was all I set LOL .... More next week and every week for awhile I hope. MAYBE this year I can really make a go of the BLRW for me and to sell.
Congrats, so exciting when the egg or the chick arrives!

ya.gif
celebrate.gif
Hooray!! congrats :) :) can't wait to see the chicks you produce!

I got an egg today from the other BLRW pen :ya   I also hatched my first chick from the first pen that started laying.  I think it is black, pretty dark.  Only one... that was all I set LOL .... More next week and every week for awhile I hope.  MAYBE this year I can really make a go of the BLRW for me and to sell. 
You can't make baby announcements without pictures! We wanna see too!

Does anyone have an opinion on PULLET breeder roos? What makes a good one? I asked about the two roos I got back yesterday. Poor lady hatched 4 and ALL were roo. These 2 were different.... I was not sure they were roos because they had so much lacing on the wings. They are very different than my other roos too.

Does anyone have a roo line and a pullet line?????

Does anyone have an opinion on PULLET breeder roos? What makes a good one? I asked about the two roos I got back yesterday. Poor lady hatched 4 and ALL were roo. These 2 were different.... I was not sure they were roos because they had so much lacing on the wings. They are very different than my other roos too.

Does anyone have a roo line and a pullet line?????

Could you please explain what a roo line and a pullet line are for us Novice people ?

Back
Top Bottom