Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Hi everyone! Ok I think I need some help...lol I have my 3 BLRW that I hatched on 8/11, I thought I knew what sex and colors they were but beginning to second guess myself! If anyone could give me your opinions on them and tell me what you think of them. I also have some pictures of my rooster that I believe is like 5 months. Sorry if the pictures aren't good but will keep trying!
It's difficult to see in the pictures. But here is an easy way to tell the difference. Look at your rooster, look at the feathers emerging from his back, just under the back of the wing section. Those feathers are long, thin, pointy, and shiny. Now look at the other birds, Girl's feathers in that same area will be short, round, and wide. Some of your birds look look like hens and some look like roos.... but in those pics it's hard to tell. But check those feathers, best way to check!

It's difficult to see in the pictures. But here is an easy way to tell the difference. Look at your rooster, look at the feathers emerging from his back, just under the back of the wing section. Those feathers are long, thin, pointy, and shiny. Now look at the other birds, Girl's feathers in that same area will be short, round, and wide. Some of your birds look look like hens and some look like roos.... but in those pics it's hard to tell. But check those feathers, best way to check!
Thanks! I will take a look and can see if maybe I can even get pictures :)

Hi everyone! Ok I think I need some help...lol I have my 3 BLRW that I hatched on 8/11, I thought I knew what sex and colors they were but beginning to second guess myself! If anyone could give me your opinions on them and tell me what you think of them. I also have some pictures of my rooster that I believe is like 5 months. Sorry if the pictures aren't good but will keep trying! Thank you! This is #1) I thought was a pullet

I agree with your assessment of all birds..

1. looks male in the comb and wattle, especially for 8 weeks. his lacing is barred, not the best
2. cockerel for sure, blue
3. cockerel, black
4. 5 month old cockerel - he looks blue to me too, dark blue is probably a better description because some areas on the back, tail and chest do see quite dark. but not a true black
varying shades of blue can happen, I think especially if one of the parents was black. blue x blue gives more predictable/similar blue color in the offspring

Lost my BLR Wyandotte roo today to some sort of predator or something. Found him dead and bloodied and possibly partially eaten by my coop door. :hit So now I'm looking for another young breeding quality roo. Anyone on here have one available that they could ship? I'd like to get another pullet while I'm at it if I can find one.

Lost my BLR Wyandotte roo today to some sort of predator or something. Found him dead and bloodied and possibly partially eaten by my coop door.
hit.gif
So now I'm looking for another young breeding quality roo. Anyone on here have one available that they could ship? I'd like to get another pullet while I'm at it if I can find one.

hugs.gif
I can't help with getting more stock though.
sad.png

Lost my BLR Wyandotte roo today to some sort of predator or something. Found him dead and bloodied and possibly partially eaten by my coop door.
hit.gif
So now I'm looking for another young breeding quality roo. Anyone on here have one available that they could ship? I'd like to get another pullet while I'm at it if I can find one.
Oh no! Im so sorry. we have a couple of young ones.. about 12 weeks, but we dont ship. Sorry again! I would be devastated.
hit.gif

Oh no!  Im so sorry.   we have a couple of young ones.. about 12 weeks, but we dont ship.  Sorry again! I would be devastated. :hit

Thanks! I am devastated. He wasn't quite fully feathered out yet but getting pretty close and he was So gorgeous! He was such a sweet and good natured bird, one of my tamest chickens, actually, and I loved him. I'll keep looking and hopefully I can find one.

Thanks! I am devastated. He wasn't quite fully feathered out yet but getting pretty close and he was So gorgeous! He was such a sweet and good natured bird, one of my tamest chickens, actually, and I loved him. I'll keep looking and hopefully I can find one.

So sorry to hear about your guy!
Foley has 6-8 month old cockerels for sale on his website right now, he ships: http://foleyswaterfowl.com/

Back
Top Bottom