Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

LOVE these two pictures!!! The bottom one is awesome with the shading and the way she's eyeballing you. Looks like she struck a pose :)
thank you so much!! I am in love with her too haha
big_smile.png
having too much fun with my new camera.. you don't even want to know how many chicken photos I now have!

Sure: Hoping others will try it. Put Silver Laced rooster over your splash BLRW hens, then take hens from this cross and put back with a SLW.... ideal is supposed to turn out like these birds from the UK: also called Blue Laced Silver. LOVE the color.
droolin.gif
... will post updates . Have not seen a rooster in this variety online. Wonder if the red bleeds through? Anyone have info please PM.

Thank You.

these are gorgeous!

We have Mini Rex, and Holland Lop. My daughter is going to start showing bunnies this year too! Ours are totally pets.
My sis has the low down on the meat rabbits. Her fav are Champagne Dargent surely I butchered the speelling here. And SilverFox. She has been breeding for a few years. She is totally into the all natural thing. And has been worki g really hard to get the meat to bone ratio in a younger age. That type of thing
smile.png
how cool! does she keep the Champagne Dargent and Silver Fox in with chickens do you know? I definitely have a lot to learn before starting that project

Last edited:
Sure: Hoping others will try it. Put Silver Laced rooster over your splash BLRW hens, then take hens from this cross and put back with a SLW.... ideal is supposed to turn out like these birds from the UK: also called Blue Laced Silver. LOVE the color. :drool ... will post updates . Have not seen a rooster in this variety online. Wonder if the red bleeds through? Anyone have info please PM. Thank You.
If I could add the droooly face here I would!!!

thank you so much!! I am in love with her too haha
big_smile.png
having too much fun with my new camera.. you don't even want to know how many chicken photos I now have!
I can believe it.
lol.png
I got a fancy camera for my Birthday last summer. I've probably got 2-10 pictures of all 40 of my birds!!! LOL that not even all of the other critters either.

These little ones hatched today plus five more : They are Silver Laced rooster over a splash Blue Laced Red hen - first gen attempt of "Violet Laced" or "Platinum Laced" Wyandotte. Anyone else trying this combo?

I have a few other first generation that are 3 months now but they got mixed up in the brooder with my BLRW and now not sure who is who until these feather out - oops
roll.png

RFR - I'm going to start this project this fall !! I only have one splash hen :-(, the rest are blues. I will have to wait for my splash chicks to grow up. The little bit of info I've found tells me exactly what you said. I talked w/ Chicken Hill, I'm getting my chicks from her. She said the red leakage is a booger to get rid of. ! What fun would it be if it was too e-z ?!?!
he.gif

Please keep us posted w/pics & info.

Yep figure I am looking at a 5 to 10 year project to add to all my other ones
thumbsup.gif
I was thinking that since they will have 1/2 the blue gene in them, I wonder if the results also have a version of "splash, blue, and black"...can't wait til these little ones feather out !

My first hatch of BLRW! Please comment if you can guess how dark they may be. #5 & 7 are the darkest, #6 the lightest. Thank you!

Last edited:
My first hatch of BLRW! Please comment if you can guess how dark they may be. #5 & 7 are the darkest, #6 the lightest. Thank you!

blue or splash

blue

blue

blue

black

blue or splash

dark blue or black

blue
Hello, Stacy Wilson. Just wanted to post so you can also associate. These chicks are a different line that I've been working with and have noticed theirs a big difference in the chicks that certain lines produce. I would say you have a nice variation of colors there. #7 could possibly be a dark blue as I see some stray brown down in the center stripe on back. My lines I can easily identify as this is my 3rd year of breeding them, you grow accustom to what your flock produces with experience.

Back
Top Bottom