Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Very nice!
Sort of new to the BLRWs - hatched 5 on feb 18 (Foley and a generation away from direct Sterling Sue)-2 roos and 3 hens .... and have 11 more in the brooder right now ... the pics are of the original 5 taken a few months ago: ( The images are kinda large when clicked)

Very

Black Laced Red.... they tend to have WIDER lacing too.  She is nice looking too.... camera shy though :lau
100_2747_zpsbd5cb68f.jpg
So is my 6 mo. old roo a Black Lace?
100_2749_zps1e959691.jpg

Sort of new to the BLRWs - hatched 5 on feb 18 (Foley and a generation away from direct Sterling Sue)-2 roos and 3 hens .... and have 11 more in the brooder right now ... the pics are of the original 5 taken a few months ago: ( The images are kinda large when clicked)

they're all very nice, but to stick within the breed standards i would cull the ones with single(ish) combs... like the girl above. i noticed a couple others in the pics but none so clear as hers.

they're all very nice, but to stick within the breed standards i would cull the ones with single(ish) combs... like the girl above. i noticed a couple others in the pics but none so clear as hers.

Yep .... agreed ..... they will be going into the mutt flock this weekend ....

I really enjoy all the pics!

Ive lost all but three of my 11 blrw youngsters that I got from Sue... One had been killed by a preditor but the rest I dont really know why.. One at a time they got depressed, lethargic and dispite my attempts dead within a couple days of showing symptoms.. I thought it was all over but suddenly again one of the last three is in quarintine... My only roo! He seems to be slightly better today so im hoping and praying! Anyway, I cant wait to get more! Hoping I hear from sue as soon as she starts breeding again... I also have been coresponding with Foley for a pair...

Hoping to purchase some fertile eggs as well!!

Love the pics everyone! The two little ladys I have left are sweet, pretty little ladys.. Totally camera shy! Lol

Back
Top Bottom