Blue laced Red Wyandotte variations?

MairyMai

Songster
May 8, 2017
DO blue laced red Wyandottes vary in color. I have looked on the internet for pics and is seems there are several different patterns for the same name. Here is what I found.
download (1).jpg
download (3).jpg
m.jpg
download.jpg
download (2).jpg

These are all under the name of Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, but the coloring looks different to me? I am so confused... HELP

Ok... Thats confusing, but I get it. Will I still get Blue Laced Red Wyandottes if I breed a BLR Wyandotte roo with female BLR Wayandotte?

So, for breeding them, does it matter if they all look a bit different but are still BLR Wyandottes?

So, for breeding them, does it matter if they all look a bit different but are still BLR Wyandottes?
Some blue is better looking than others, but Blue-laced is blue-laced.

What you would want to avoid is selling black-laced as blue-laced. I would get a splash (B/B) rooster, and then it wouldn't matter what color your hens are. All of his chicks would carry at least one splash gene. They might be splash (B/B) or blue (B/b) but you could sell all of the offspring as Blue-laced.

EDT: It's usually called a BBS breeding pen (Blue/Black/Splash)
EDT2: Okay, badly stated. You can sell black-laced, so long as you advertise BBS and disclaim that your breeding pen carries all of the genetics--you are not responsible for what sperm hit what egg. A lot of people don't understand blue genetics and might be a bit upset to get a black-laced chicken out of it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom