Blue Laced Red Wyandottes

I just hatched my first ones last November and they are just now starting to lay. They are my most friendly birds. The younger ones that I've hatched since then are also very calm and friendly. I've been told that they don't lay that well, but I don't know how mine will do yet. They are definately eye candy tho!!

I have two adults and I just purchased 5 more 8 weeks old. I hope to have many many more in the future. I love them. I think they are the prettiest breed I have ever seen. They are good layers from what I can tell. My one hen lays every day.

Thank you Katy. I just have the one hen so I don't know about the breed as a whole but she does really well. I started with 15 from mcmurray and only had two hens out of 15. I lost the other hen to a hawk. The rest of the roosters I sold. I am hoping to hatch some more in the hear future. Here she is. She looks a little rough because of the over active rooster I had in with my hens. I have since removed him and she should get her feathers back soon.
100_2298.jpg

I have 3 hens and 1 roo and plan on hatching more when they mature. So they don't interbreed I plan on setting up a run just for them.
How long should I keep the hens and roo together or should I separate them at all?

Last edited:
I have 3 hens and they are the splash color like most of Katy's.They came from McMurray as straight run and all 3 were pullets.They lay fairly decent when they stay off the nest.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
I know that there are three different colors of BLReds. Would you guys consider the hen to be a blue and the rooster to be a splash? That's what I am thinking but I am not convinced.
100_2298.jpg

100_2295.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom