Blue legged rooster?

Maverick061106

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
Fall Branch, TN
This year is my first venture with chickens. We bought a couple dozen straight run chicks of unknown breeds.

One has stood out from the rest, though, in our opinion... I have never seen a chicken with blue legs!

They are fairly mature now - at least 3-5 months old.

This guy is a rooster - we've heard him crowing. He is white with a random black feather every so often. Big red comb. And slate-colored bluish-gray legs. Other than his coloring, he looks like a standard chicken - nothing too special.

Anyone know what he is? I have searched everywhere on the net and can find NOTHING on blue/gray legged chickens lol We are just curious... I can try to post a pic in a day or two if needed.

Thanks!

welcome-byc.gif

And pictures are always "needed"!
lau.gif

Last edited:
I will see what I can do!
wink.png

Saw you are from sc PA... my fiance is from the South Mountain area - beautiful in the mountains up there! We are thinking about moving that a way...

welcome-byc.gif
Looks like a Ameraucana to me...they have blue slate leggs and muffs! Pictures of your bird would help!
hide.gif

Last edited:
No, he doesn't look like the photo. He is solid white, with just a single black feather here and there - maybe 6-8 black feathers total over his whole body.

There is an older photo from when he was little on our website: http://smokymountainmaverick.webs.com/othercritters.htm

Scroll
down to THE CHICKENS... He is the white one right on the center with the black flecks... You can't see his feet here, but it may help. I'll try to post a current picture tomorrow.

As I'm researching, I'd say he most closely matches a splash Jersey Giant of anything I've found so far... except the chicks don't really look like he did when he was a chick. He was just a typical fuzzy yellow chick with a black feather on one wing and a black spot on his back.

Back
Top Bottom