Blue Orpington

My 5 wk old blue orp has a dark gray/black comb but I can see tiny little pink wattles starting to grow. Do you think it's a cockerel?

Its too soon to tell my dear! One color of a blue orp hen is silver gray laced with black neck hackles. And yes, hens can have combs and waddles also. I call the blue orp roosters saddle backs because they are black saddles and somewhat gray chests and bodies.

Out of Knoxville tn... She is got nore blueish i n person but thank you I like the color too iv been going for lavender and I guess u could conside it a shade of lavender just darker don't know if they consider as blue or not I like them to thanks

Here is my flock which have that roosters dad but here it is can I have some opinions on the outcome of chicks??? I know it all depends on the genetics but the rooster I know his genetics good and the darker hand I know her genetics but not positive on my lighter lavendersthey are not a splash they are I really like lavender just can't tell really good in picture so can I have some opinions thanks a lot guys??

This is Storm, my blue splash orpington pullet. She is 16 weeks old and huge. She has a great personality and is so gentle.

Back
Top Bottom