Blue plymouth rock

Yes I hate that! It is even funnier when they argue the fact and you can look and see that the hatchery doesnt even breed them... if you go to most websites they do say Americana, never Ameraucana(like TSC/Hoovers below). Now just adding to the confusion they are selling easter eggers as a whole new thing using legbars instead of Ameraucana in the mx with brown layers. View attachment 2862061
. View attachment 2862058
Well, given this option, I want the American version, the "Americana," with no Legbar (no head crest). It doesn't say it in the bottom description but I still want a bird with ear tufts and a muff, the typical "Easter Egger" I've come to know and love over the years. Sigh, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Well, given this option, I want the American version, the "Americana," with no Legbar (no head crest). It doesn't say it in the bottom description but I still want a bird with ear tufts and a muff, the typical "Easter Egger" I've come to know and love over the years. Sigh, if it ain't broke don't fix it!
I was able to get my hands on some actual Ameraucana hatching eggs locally this summer when I had a broody sexlink hen and we got 8, they are adorable...Blue, Lavender, and Splash.

I was able to get my hands on some actual Ameraucana hatching eggs locally this summer when I had a broody sexlink hen and we got 8, they are adorable...Blue, Lavender, and Splash.
Good for you, I am jealous. You aren't anywhere near SE Missouri, are you? (And looking to have any Ameraucana chicks to sell in the future??? Or hatching eggs ... although I've never hatched ...)

Good for you, I am jealous. You aren't anywhere near SE Missouri, are you? (And looking to have any Ameraucana chicks to sell in the future??? Or hatching eggs ... although I've never hatched ...)
Near Cookeville TN....I had never hatched either but we did hatch 4 of these, broody hatched other 4, and let her raise them all. We did both just in case she didnt sit the whole time, never had a broody, wasnt sure how it would all work out.

I was going to hatch 12 eggs this summer with my son. There’s an Amish fellow about 20 minutes away who used to show chickens. I think I’ll give him a call and see if he would sell me 6 Ameraucana hatching eggs, and add them in. I would love true ones!

12, 18, what’s the difference really? 😂

I was going to hatch 12 eggs this summer with my son. There’s an Amish fellow about 20 minutes away who used to show chickens. I think I’ll give him a call and see if he would sell me 6 Ameraucana hatching eggs, and add them in. I would love true ones!

12, 18, what’s the difference really? 😂
I say hatch 2x as many as you want...some wont be fertilized, some just wont take and some that do quit for no apparent reason. I started with 17(I found a crack in one upon arrival) with 5 under broody, the rest in the incubator.
1633966705386.png

Back
Top Bottom