Blue rock?...black minorca?...andalusian?...who knows?

Beachcomber

Songster
Jul 19, 2020
Florida
20200720_085437.jpg

Hi there!
Got this pullet as a day old chick in March from the Ace Hardware. She was sold as a "blue rock". I thought she'd end up looking something like a Sapphire Gem, but as you can see she's jet black and seems to me more like a Minorca or Andalusian? She has light (white?) earlobes and has laid several tiny very pale eggs. She also has a heckuva comb & wattles.
She has a curious & playful personality, but doesn't like to be petted. She will happily use me as a roost though every time I bend over and she loves to follow me around & pull at my clothes.
Anyone else out there have a Blue Rock that looks like her or do y'all agree that she might be something else?

I actually have 2 black australorps as well (from a different feed store). They are all the same age & the aussies look & act distinctly different.

She doesn’t look quite right for an Australorp to me though but then again she’s young but mine are all much heftier, different build. She definitely doesn’t look like a Rock either though or the other breeds. She kind of looks like an Andalusian to me but the tail isn’t quite right.

Back
Top Bottom