Blue Swedish duckling - deformed beak?

Awww :( I'm so sorry for your loss!
Sounds like it was probably something you couldn't really do anything about. You tried your best with her and gave her a great few days on this planet!! :hugs

I'm so sorry. I just bought some ducklings from TSC and have one that I think is a Blue Swedish with the exact same problem (your pics were the closest I could find to mine so far). I was very much hoping for a different outcome. Thank you for posting.

I'm so sorry. I just bought some ducklings from TSC and have one that I think is a Blue Swedish with the exact same problem (your pics were the closest I could find to mine so far). I was very much hoping for a different outcome. Thank you for posting.
Yeah, sorry to hear you have the same problem. I’m sure it’s possible for them to live, but it would take a lot of hands on care. Taffy was able to eat but I don’t think she was able to drink enough. Hard to tell what other problems she had. I hope you have better luck with yours

876436B6-7862-43CC-8221-4F3BEEFEECA2.jpeg

I know I optimistically said I wanted to turn this thread into a progression post as Taffy grew, but this is probably the last time I’m going to come to it. I just wanted to say — I’m hesitant to call it her replacement — that my new blue swedish duckling came today along with a duclair duckling since there was a 2 shipping minimum. I don’t know if I want to name her Taffy II or Toffee as a sort of remembrance. I’ll either name the duclair Toffee if I go with Taffy II for the swedish or I’ll name her Bazzle. I’m happy to say neither have any obvious deformities or other issues and they are already eating & drinking in their brooder.

well...the new blue swedish duckling died. now the duclair duckling is buy herself and i don’t know what to do. i don’t think i’ll be buying from metzer’s again
So sorry for your loss that is so sad to hear. Sounds like you are going to have a little duclair buddy hanging out with you for awhile.

well...the new blue swedish duckling died. now the duclair duckling is buy herself and i don’t know what to do. i don’t think i’ll be buying from metzer’s again
oh my gosh I am so sorry for your losses! what awful luck!! :hugs hope your other ducks are doing okay!!!

I just got a Black Swedish with the same issue. I've contacted the farm about it. She seems to be eating and drinking fine, but it's only been a day. Any new updates or information? Thanks.

Attachments

• 91957.jpeg
    91957.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 91959.jpeg
    91959.jpeg
    379.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 91961.jpeg
    91961.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom