Blue Swedish mix? Yellow duckling with blue beak.

Yet another updated picture I now think this little fella is mixed with silver appleyard and blue Swedish. It’s getting some brown coloration on its wings and tail. I can’t wait until this one fully feathered. 😍

That is definitely not a cross between a purebred blue swedish and a purebred appleyard. If it were, it would have the coloration of a blue swedish or a black swedish. It would not be light at all.

Please see Pyxis's guide for more information:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/mallard-derived-duck-color-genetics-basics.74277/

It has to be a mix of something. Those are the only ducks she has. Pekin, appleyard, blue and black Swedish, khaki Campbell and a buff. It’s a combination of those, it’s not a purebred. What do you think it’s mixed with? This was from a neighbor not a hatchery.

It has to be a mix of something. Those are the only ducks she has. Pekin, appleyard, blue and black Swedish, khaki Campbell and a buff. It’s a combination of those, it’s not a purebred. What do you think it’s mixed with? This was from a neighbor not a hatchery.

What I'm suggesting is that the parents of your duck might not be purebred. Did your neighbor get her ducks from a hatchery, or did she get them from some random person?

Back
Top Bottom