Blue sweedish duck behavior

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Larry the duck, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Larry the duck

Larry the duck New Egg

Nov 8, 2012
    I have a pet blue sweedish duck about 5-6 months old. In the past week to two weeks it has been acting a little strange. Every morning I let it out of it's coop to clean the water container and top off its food bowls, also I'll rub it's belly for a few minutes and let it flap it's wings for a bit. Lately as soon as I let it out and it flaps it's wings it will lay flat on its belly when I walk up. It will let me pet it's wings and tail feather area which it would never let me come close to before. Is this a normal characteristic or is it just getting really comfortable around me and want its wings to be petted?

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]. Sounds like she's sending you a invitation for the "Ducks and the Bees"

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Yeah, she sounds like she's flirting with you. It's nice . . . she trusts you and likes you.

4. Onewiththeducks

Onewiththeducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2012
    Alden,NY
    I want a Blue Swedish soooo bad but I can't find one that's already a few months old.

5. newducklover

newducklover New Egg

Jan 8, 2013
    This is my blue sweedish baby I think that's what he is I love him he sits in my lap follows me around the house he's my third baby lol he is the inlet one I have[​IMG][/IMG]

6. newducklover

newducklover New Egg

Jan 8, 2013
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by