Bluekote and ivermectin question

bobbieschicks

Chicken Tender
8 Years
Jun 24, 2011
King George, VA
My Coop
My Coop
1. Tonight I treated everyone with ivermectin. They are all in the coop. Should I leave a window open to air the place out or will they be okay closed up smelling that stuff? There are cracks and vents in there. Tonight will be in the upper 20s.

2. I put Bluekote on my pullet's comb because her mate had torn it while mating. How long before the blue goes away and she's back to normal look. She looks pathetic right now. That stuff is messy! Is there a less messy way to treat cuts on the comb?

Thanks!
Bobbie

So I decided to open a window for them. I chose the lowest one in the back behind the roost ladder. It's hardware clothed with 1/4" hardware cloth and I feel pretty confident it will be secure. Do you think that it's necessary? I'd feel more secure if it were closed, but I don't want to effixiate my poor chicks.

Don't know about the ivermectin, but when I spray blu-kote on my hens for missing feathers it wears off in 2-3 weeks. You can get it off your hands by just washing them a lot for 2 days, or put a little bleach on your hands. The blue stuff is gentian violet which is an antifungal dye which is used to stain microscope slides, so you might have used it in science class.

Back
Top Bottom