BO hens or roosters?

acnava4

Chirping
10 Years
Apr 17, 2011
San Jose, CA
These are 8 weeks old, 4 BO, well I through my black australorp in there too
smile.png
So far, there's only 1 that really looks BUFF to me? Do I have all roosters? Please tell me no
sad.png

002-28.jpg

005-27.jpg

008-23.jpg

009-20.jpg

010-25.jpg

011-16.jpg

012-16.jpg

016-17.jpg

020-8.jpg

021-6.jpg

You look to have 1 buff there. I think the rest are reds of some type. The last one looks like a Barred Rock.

I'm no expert, but the only one that throws up a roo flag to me is the barred rock.

That little buff girl is a beauty.

Blessings-
Em

Oh no! Don't say that, she's my favorite! lol...that would be my luck! And thank you, Henrietta is my other favorite <3 biggest sweetheart ever. I'll have to look up the BR, not familiar with them, and we were told she's a black australorp.

The last of your "buffs" is your only buff...the others look like my Rhode Island Red babies...they all look like pullets. The other is definitely Barred Rock and looks rooish to me!

The BR looks like a girl if it was a boy it would have more white also the legs would be all yellow it wouldn't have the black...oh yea they look to be all girls

Last edited:
They look to be production reds, or hatchery RIRs, all pullets. The buff colored one, also a pullet, looks like she has green legs. Is that just from the camera? If not, she would be an EE, although the rest of her body looks just like a buff orpington--- but buff orpingtons have white legs. The last one is a Barred Rock pullet.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have BRs that look like that....and they are roos. They have a really red comb compared to the pullets...

are yours full grown? because darker feathering almost always means girl. BRs tend to get bigger combs than other breeds so that might be throwing you off. I'm going to say they are all pullets.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom