Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Cecil Moore is THE bantam Del guy. Although, I have read that he is no longer selling to the public.... with that said, he had a ad somewhere recently. ( I read too many poultry publications to be sure off the top of my head)

I have bantam Dels (though mine are from Privitte(spelling?)) and they are very sweet... just like the big ones. I recomend them for kids or just for fun or 4-h.

Glad you all liked the site. We are still working on it almost daily.

Chickonthehill - I have MANY breeds, and have had more... Dels are still my favorite. To this day, they still lay the largest brown eggs out of all the breeds I currently keep. In fairness, though... not all my breeds are from breeders; some are hatchery. My absolute favorite hen is a Delaware named Margeret (they don't all get names) and she is spoiled more than any other. lol. Her best friend is one of the goats and she rides around the goat lot on his back most of the day. I had a pic before my computer crashed. I'll have to make a point of catching it on camera again sometime.

Quote:
OMG .... I SOOOOOOOO wanna see that picture!
thumbsup.gif

If any one figures out who Monty with the Black Javas is that might also have Dels, let us all know - I will search my yearbook.

And I want to see that goat picture, too - it might look really good on a certain web site!!!!
gig.gif

Monty Bowman

If some one has the book of members to the club that has rare breeds I am sure you will find his name and phone number in it. Its the SPPA Club who has a membership book? He is in there bob

Monte W. Bowen

Last edited:
A friend who reads this message board sent me Montes personel email address. As soon as he replies to me I will post what he has. Also if he has anything to sell to you to help you. bob

Does anyone know, maybe Walt? if the APA has come any closer to having the list of Heritage Breeds put together yet?

hu.gif

Quote:
The Committee is working on it, but I will not know the results until the Shawnee show 12/11. The last APA newsletter indicated that there was a lot of interest in it and that several people would like to add their input.

Walt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom