Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eye holes ... hee hee..Pretty funny..At the twin tiers poultry show they hosted a call duck special..Those birds are cute as can be, but I have to be honest..My husband thought he was going to have a nervous breakdown over all of the noise they make ..I said thats why they named them call ducks..they holler in the game ducks..Man they were loud.. Personally I liked the Cayuga ducks a local native....I saw a web site where a family had won just about everything but thier aditude was rather snotty..They acted above us all so left and didnt look back..to mne that doesnt do much to promote the breed..

Have fun judging and hope you stop over and say hi to my freinds the faulkners.

Last edited:
Also I am hoping that you guys come back and make a thread with LOADS of pictures from the show for those of us who spent our alotted vacaion hours at chciken shows this last summer and cant get any more time off..Ill get a call from faulkners who are aout there when they get back but would like to see it from your perspectives..SUCH FUN'!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I am no longer speaking to JenScott or Buffbeauty.....they would not allow me to ride on the top of the SUV to Ohio!
hit.gif

(Honestly, too much happening here to go to Ohio!)

We do have a room reserved at Shawnee!!!!!!!!

If Sam doesn't have the Show Marshals blocking our entry to the hotel!

Good luck to everyone heading to the Ohio National - showing or just checking it out..should be a dandy! Work calls or I would be going.

Well, I missed the BYC meeting at noon becasue I was talking up a storm with another Delaware owner, BUT. . . . who was it on here that wanted Dark Cornish - I have a name and address of someone who's birds are here and are really nice- my pics aren't so good, but will post some on Monday- big, solid, nice looking birds and highly recommended by the OTHER Dark Cornish breeder I met.

This has been a very educational show - I met up with Walt, who is a wonderful person- just a great guy, and we did a litle Delaware eval on the 4 birds here. Some stunning birds overall, and this show may have converted my DH from a standby to a participant. He fell for the Jersey Giants and NH here - wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! That means more chickens!

Quote:
Get the Giants, Beth! Get the Giants!!!! YES ! ! ! They are sooooooooo hard to find! I have searched and searched! OR .... see if you can get some JG breeders names.

YAAAAHOOOOO ..... you are gonna be building some coops!
gig.gif

ETA: Did you sing, "Georgie Girl," for Walt? Tell us, did he attempt public humiliation with you?
gig.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom