Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Some times I have vision problems as I am still being treated for a nerve muscle disorder and I have blurred vision in my left eye early in the am until my pill kicks in. Don't mean to shout with capital letters my little finger on my left hand hits the capital letters key and I don't see it till I post it. I am getting old and that happens when you get older you fall apart..

Some times I use KISS in capital letters. To drive home how easy this hobby can be and don't get so complicated in feed, hormones, antibiotics and breeding.

This is suppose to be fun and a hobby. Some folks get excited and carried away. I got to try to hold them back and tell them to be patient.

But most of all have fun be friends and try to help people locate breeds they want to get. I am looking for Silver Spangled Hamburg's in the Minn area.

Looking for good buff Brahmas in the Iowa zone. Who has them??????

Great pictures. I will go out and measure the box from Zealots in a little bit. Got to take my medicine for my other health issues. I got from the cat fish stick.

Keep the tread going and thanks for the plug on my new Heritage Bantam Tread. Its gong to be a lot easier to help those folks find birds this large fowl. bob

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/818817/heritage-bantam-thread/20#post_11905169

Last edited:
Bob, glad to hear you are improving. Thought of you yesterday as we took a catfish off a jug line in the pond. Never know what bacteria lurk in ponds and lakes even with good water flow.
I was gifted a quad of nice Bantam Delawares and will post brag pictures on the new thread!

Found this book today on our favorite archive link:
http://archive.org/details/cu31924003002486

Last edited:
Bob, glad to hear you are improving. Thought of you yesterday as we took a catfish off a jug line in the pond. Never know what bacteria lurk in ponds and lakes even with good water flow.
I was gifted a quad of nice Bantam Delawares and will post brag pictures on the new thread!

Found this book today on our favorite archive link:
http://archive.org/details/cu31924003002486
Katherine, I forgot about those!! Memories (-:
We used to run trot and tree lines in our ponds as kids...we had willow trees all around them...always thrilling to see what we'd get the next morning...even if it was just a nasty snapping turtle...good way along with a .22 to rid our pond of those duckling and fingerling eaters...then we would get it stocked again !!
Congrats on the gifted bantams.
Great link.
big_smile.png

Personally I think the less we hear about Bob and chickensnaturally's differences the better the thread is. Just my 2 cents being a lurker lately. Trying to learn. Thanks for all of your input. Food for thought. The kind I love.

Quote: I agree. I hate to have to stand up for myself. Thanks for sharing.
======================
x3
wee.gif

Last edited:
I posted this over on the Plymouth Rock thread, but thought I'd share it here as well

I am setting a course for the next breeding season and one of my projects is to reduce/remove the brassiness in my male Columbians. An unexpected off shoot of this project is that I have gotten 3 very nice pullets, and these pullets are 3/4 Columbian Rock and 1/4 Barred Rock (from a well know breeder of barred rocks, and winner of many points in Rock Club shows)

Here are a few pictures, all of the same pullet. She will be 13 weeks old this next Sunday.

Notice the long FLAT back, lack of cushion, tail spread and front end. I believe she carries herself with good balance and her leg color is exceptional. Her color is a bit off as one would expect, but I think I can clean that up. I am going to individually mate her back to her sire as soon as she reaches POL, hopefully in Jan/Feb. If type holds as I expect, I think she can move me down the road a good bit. She is certainly carrying the type of the Barred line she is out of.

I just got a personnel message from some on who I have been trying to locate some old H large fowl
They got a four year old hen and two year old hen and a 18 moth male bird. They want o give them a general worming before breeding season this winter. What would you recommend they give these old bird to clean them out if they may have worms?
Look forward to your suggestions. bob

I posted this over on the Plymouth Rock thread, but thought I'd share it here as well

I am setting a course for the next breeding season and one of my projects is to reduce/remove the brassiness in my male Columbians. An unexpected off shoot of this project is that I have gotten 3 very nice pullets, and these pullets are 3/4 Columbian Rock and 1/4 Barred Rock (from a well know breeder of barred rocks, and winner of many points in Rock Club shows)

Here are a few pictures, all of the same pullet. She will be 13 weeks old this next Sunday.

Notice the long FLAT back, lack of cushion, tail spread and front end. I believe she carries herself with good balance and her leg color is exceptional. Her color is a bit off as one would expect, but I think I can clean that up. I am going to individually mate her back to her sire as soon as she reaches POL, hopefully in Jan/Feb. If type holds as I expect, I think she can move me down the road a good bit. She is certainly carrying the type of the Barred line she is out of.

A big girl too ! I love her wide skull. She may be very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom