Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
An advatage of a mobile management system is that there are no vermin. I have a floorless coop and there is no cover for them to hide. I am also careful with the feed.

:lau
This reminds me of a funny story.  One day I saw my orps standing in a circle and some were jumping back and fourth.    When I got  close,  I realized they were harassing a  huge norwegian rat.  The rat  tried to crawl into a hole that was too small and his butt was sticking out.  The chickens were taking turned pecking him and then they would jump back.   When I got close the chickens stopped long enough for the rat to back out and make a run for it.   They ran after him but the rat got away.  It was very comical.  I doubt that rat came during the  day again.  
Sort of makes you wonder what would eventually have happened if you hadn't walked up, doesn't it?

Anthony this is a male you need to compare your young drakes to he is a nice one
See you in two weeks and will get two pair of these from you.
For you who are lurkers things are kind of slow on this HERITAGE tread so I thought I would
spice it up with a HERITAGE fowl a Rouen drake. Does anybody need any rare chickens anymore? Its time to locate
pairs and trios at the shows that are coming up. Where can we get some nice White Wyandottes GOOD ones they are rare.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/407294/the-heritage-rhode-island-red-site/5510

last of my series line breeding R I Reds

Last edited:
Anthony this is a male you need to compare your young drakes to he is a nice one See you in two weeks and will get two pair of these from you. For you who are lurkers things are kind of slow on this HERITAGE tread so I thought I would spice it up with a HERITAGE fowl a Rouen drake. Does anybody need any rare chickens anymore? Its time to locate pairs and trios at the shows that are coming up. Where can we get some nice White Wyandottes GOOD ones they are rare.
Mr. Blosi, What is the best way to find out information about the upcoming Poultry Shows? Also, is it possible to know in advance as to how many birds are entered, and which breeds will be exhibited? Thank you! Lual

Last edited:
you need to go to Poultry Press.com and subscribe to this news letter if you want to find the super star breeders of these rare breeds. You also want to join the American Poultry Association and they send you a year book with all the top names in there. The site above is a a good one to show you where the shows are as well. Remember a lot of these great breeders don't fool with eggs and or chicks so if you want some of their birds to have as breeders you got to meet them at the shows or go to their farms. Some folks like the ones on this forum may have some of their good birds and sell eggs or chicks but its rare.

Only feed stores and hatcheries sell eggs or chicks and that's where many on this web site get their feathered friends but they are not true to breed and do not fit the scope of the threads that I started. Thanks for that site. They got some good stuff on there.

You will love the Poutlry Press its not that expensive and you will also see good pictures of the top blood lines winning at the shows. bob

Here's some of those nice heritage LF "orange chickens"
wink.png

Last edited:
May I ask how you keep your birds water from freezing in the winter? I bought the stuff for auto waterers but I am worried about it freezing and my birds not having any water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom