Bob white quail thread!!

No comment.

?

Last edited:
I've only heard of frizzling in chickens. Maybe geese because of the sebstapol. I have no clue if I spelled that correct by the way.

Question for you bob white people:

My 47 bobs hatched last week, and now I keep finding 1 or 2 dead in the brooder each day. I can't figure it out! The dead ones don't look like they had a problem. Do they just do this? Are they that fragile?

They looked super strong. I've had their temps right around 99, and they sleep in an O shape around the hottest spot. They're having plenty of feed and water. Red light. I'm using a large Rubbermaid bin with a wire lid for brooder. It's about 4'x2' for about 40 babies.

How can I prevent this from happening?

Question for you bob white people:

My 47 bobs hatched last week, and now I keep finding 1 or 2 dead in the brooder each day. I can't figure it out! The dead ones don't look like they had a problem. Do they just do this? Are they that fragile?

They looked super strong. I've had their temps right around 99, and they sleep in an O shape around the hottest spot. They're having plenty of feed and water. Red light. I'm using a large Rubbermaid bin with a wire lid for brooder. It's about 4'x2' for about 40 babies.

How can I prevent this from happening?

I'm still asking that question myself.

Back
Top Bottom